Health Cluster Coordination Assistants - National Positions
Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin, or political convictions.
MI has been registered in Türkiye since 2014 and has since built up its own office structure. MI now has two offices in southeastern Türkiye (Kilis and Gaziantep). The Malteser InternationaI team provides technical guidance and oversees management and administration of the partner-implemented projects in Türkiye and Northern Syria. MI is responsible for the procurement of the main medical supplies in Türkiye, the reporting and application as well as the quality assurance. In addition to the implementation of humanitarian and transitional aid projects, Malteser International´s strategic objective is the strengthening of the civil society structures in Türkiye and Syria. Malteser International focuses in Northwestern Syria and Türkiye on the sectors of health, livelihood, protection as well as social cohesion.
For its work in Northwestern Syria and Türkiye, Malteser International is looking for 4 Health Cluster Coordination Assistants to be based in Northwest Syria.
The Health Cluster Coordination Assistant in Northwest Syria will bridge between the Gaziantep headquarters and local health teams. This crucial role involves ensuring smooth communication and coordination with health partners and facilities, ultimately improving healthcare delivery in the region.
- Maintain accurate health program information in NWS to avoid duplication and optimise resources
- Facilitate communication between the NWS Health cluster and local partners
- Support coordination meetings by handling logistics, communication, and documentation
- Liaise with local authorities to gather information and bridge communication gaps
- Support advocacy, capacity building, monitoring, AAP, and MI projects as assigned
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is mandatory
- At least 5 years of proven experience in health sector as a General Practitioner, Paediatrician, Internist, Nurse, Epidemiologist, or similar position
- Proven ability to manage resources and deadlines with minimum supervision
- Demonstratinges initiative with good communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- A responsible and exciting job in a committed, international working environment
- A full-time position limited until the middle of 2024 with the option of extension
- Adequate compensation according to MI Salary Scale
Working for Malteser International
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.